Running a golf tournament can be a daunting task. Anyone can organize a golf tournament, but It requires a lot of organization and planning to host a successful one. Whether it is your first time hosting or you are experienced at planning events it never hurts to get a little help.
The first step in organizing any event is setting a goal. Goals help us to determine what is important and what is not. By determining what the point of your tournament is — building client relationships, fundraising, public relations, competition or networking— you can focus your efforts on what you want to achieve with the tournament.
Assembling a committee is another important step to creating a successful tournament. Your team should be a diverse group with various skills and talents; try to include some avid golfers as well.
With a strong team under your belt you can start planning the core of your tournament. Key areas to keep in mind are:
- Tournament Format: The format can make or break your event. The caliber of your players should determine the right format. Beginner golfers enjoy a scramble, good golfers enjoy a best ball format and a mixed group of golfers enjoy a modified scramble.
- Golf Course: One of the most important decisions you will make is selecting the right golf course. Keep in mind, the golf course wants your business. They will treat you and your golfers with the best customer service, making you all feel welcomed.
- Prizes: A great swag bag will make a big difference at your golf tournament. Whether you’re looking for prizes or giveaways, unique swag is sure to leave an impression at your tournament. Check out the “Best Items for a Golf Tournament” for some great ideas.
At this point, you are probably wondering how you are going to manage all of these moving parts. Our staff at PRG can offer support with the management and gifting ideas for your tournament. Using rsvpBOOK, we can easily take one thing off of your list of to-do’s.
Take a look at some of the registrations we created last year with the help of rsvpBOOK example.
Spring is in the air, which means the golf season is around the corner. Along with the warm weather comes corporate golf tournaments. There are many reason to host a golf tournament, but what it usually boils down to is fostering positive relationships with your clients.
With so many golf tournaments, how do you ensure you stand out in the crowd and make your event memorable?
The key to success for this year’s tournament, and getting the return you want out of your investment lies within the goodie bag. These gifts need to be thought not as expenses but investments. Giving is as old as culture; it is a significant way you can create or strengthen a bond.
It is very important to analyze your goodie bag this year and consider how you want people to react when they receive it. Here are a few things to remember:
- Choose golf related gifts or items they will use while playing (It’s why they are here after all)
- Clever and thoughtful gifts will be talked about and maybe even kept.
- Cheap, low quality items ruin your brand image, and they often find their way to the trash.
Our team at PRG can help you create the perfect goodie bag for your tournament or event. These gifts will help make memorable connections between the items inside, your brand and the great time they had at the tournament.
Check out some ideas in our “Golf Deck”.
As a leading brand of performance apparel and a go-to for many of the world’s top athletes, personalities and all of us with inner athletes, Under Armour is breaking through to the promotional world.
Offering everything from hoodies and polo’s to duffels and caps, Under Armour is redefining what it means to own apparel. Hoodies aren’t just about comfort. Polo’s aren’t just about looking good; they can do everything from increasing performance, to simply increasing your brand’s visibility.
So what does this mean for you, your brand and activations?
At PRG we focus on creating an emotional connection between your recipients, your brand and the gift. For athletes and all of our inner athletes, nothing offers a bigger connection to your performance apparel than Under Armour.
Under Armour’s quality and performance will keep that connection fresh and active while maintaining that part of the experience for a long time. After all, gifting as a way of building relationships is as old as culture…but it’s all about the right gift.
With your personalized Under Armour gear, you know your brand is aligned with the most perceived value and is building strong relationships and memories. We can help you make the big connection and score the winning goal.
Take a look at the Under Armour arrivals and prices attached and give us a shout when you’re ready to “Protect This House”!